There are many important factors to take into consideration when using a vaporizer, whether it’s being used for medicinal reasons or for individuals using it recreationally. Vaporization is the best alternative to smoking marijuana which introduces smoke and other carcinogenic substances by combusting the material. Vaporizers are your best ally in reducing any harmful effects of consuming marijuana, learn more about cannabis extracts by checking the newest post about whether it is not or is marijuana legal in west virginia.
What Is a Vaporizer
Vaporizers operate in varying temperatures (180 to 200 degrees Celsius). Within this optimum temperature range marijuana vaporizers, but does not burn. This is an effective method of reducing any amount of toxin that is associated with smoking. Marijuana has tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is its psychoactive content. This is also the substance mainly heated by the vaporizer at the right temperature. When you use fire to burn this substance, you will be emitting 1200 degrees of heat, which is higher than the amount needed for releasing the psychoactive content of cannabis. Vaporizers have thermostat that can be set to heat the herb to the precise temperature adequate to heat for vapor but not burn it. Moreover, the vapor emitted by this device appears like a thin mist and tastes better than the smoking method.
Classifications of Vaporizers
Vaporizers are categorized by their heating method. This is important to understand if you want to know how to use a vaporizer. These classifications also present different methods of vaporization. Listed below are the different classifications of vaporizers:
- Convection Heating Vaporizer – in this classification, marijuana substance does not touch the heating part of the vaporizer. Heat is transferred through hot air passing through the substance. With this technique, the amount of heat is controlled in such a manner that it will not be burned excessively. Some convection vaporizers are manually or automatically operated. Some types use the balloon method for blowing the hot air over the substance and thereby releasing the active ingredient.
- Thermal Radiation Vaporizer – this type of vaporizer can be very hard to find in the market today. The manner of heating the substance is through absorption of radiant energy through rising temperatures. A thermal mass surrounds the material that will provide the energy. Although this type is limited in the market, it can perform efficiently compared to other types of vaporizers because it supplies equal amounts of heat without diluting the marijuana vapors.
- Conduction Vaporizer – among the three classifications for heating cannabis, this one is the simplest. Heat is transferred directly on contact with the element. The heated element transfers any amount of heat to whatever it touches. Vaporizers have a heated bowl usually made of brass. This will vaporizes the cannabis and release only the herbal essence of it. Vapor emitted is free from tar and other types of carcinogens. These are typically cheap vaporizers and will often burn the material.
You must be very careful to heat your cannabis to the correct temperature and not burn it. When teaching somebody how to use a vaporizer, this is one of the most important points. Temperatures rely on your taste of vapor density and the capabilities of vaporizer.
Now that you know how to use a vaporizer and its types, the next thing to learn is how to best recognize which type of vaporizer to use. Determine the quality and features by reading further below:
- Whip Type or Bag Type. Most people think that the bag type is the best type of vaporizer. Right now the Volcano Vaporizer, and the Extreme Q are the only two that use the bag method. Most experts recommend this kind of marijuana vaporizer. However, the decision of choosing whether the bag or whip type will solely depend on your preferences. The bag type usually emits the lighter flavor since it has high oxygen mixture.
- Plastic Use. Be careful in buying vaporizers with plastic parts on them, experts say. Plastic, with long-term use, may emit toxins. Plastics in vaporizers might be safe when it is away from the heat stream.
- Digital Vaporizer. It is much better to use vaporizers that automate the amount of temperature. This way, the temperatures are easier to use and are usually more accurate when it comes to temperature.
- Ceramic or Aluminum. Some heating elements may not appropriate for use. If you can find a ceramic heating element type of vaporizer, experts say that this much better. Ceramic will definitely be helpful in reducing gases rather than the aluminum type.
The use of vaporizers instead of smoking marijuana is a much healthier alternative. Vaporizers significantly reduce the amount of toxins that enter your body when consuming marijuana.